Here will be some participle phrase example with a definition that helps the readers to get to know about the proper usages of such kind of participle.
Participle Phrase is a group of words that modifies a noun or a pronoun and participle phrase example work as an adjective in a grammatically correct and meaningful sentence. Lets see 30+Participle Phrase Example here:
Now take a look of the participle phrase example with explanation in details.
Participle Phrase Example: Detailed Explanations
1.Running at high speed, the ox crashed into the wall.
* Running- Participle
* Running at high speed- Participle Phrase
Here ‘Running at high speed’ is a participle phrase that qualifies the noun ’Ox’.
2. The boy, playing in a road is my brother.
* Playing- Participle
* Playing in a road- Participle Phrase
In the above mentioned sentence ‘Playing in a road’ is used as a participle Phrase to qualify the noun ‘Boy’.
3. Studying laboriously, the student topped in the exam.
* Studying – Participle
* Studying laboriously- Participle Phrase
In this sentence ‘Student’ is a qualifier word and ‘Studying laboriously’ is used as a Participle Phrase.
4. The lady wore a necklace, made of gold.
* Made- Participle
*Made of gold- Participle Phrase
Here the qualifier word is ‘Necklace’ and the Participle Phrase is ‘Made of gold’.
5. I saw a tiger, climbing into a tree.
* Climbing- Participle
* Climbing into a tree- Participle Phrase
In the sentence ‘Tiger’ is a qualifier word and ‘Climbing into a tree’ is a Participle Phrase.
6. Walking along the road, the man came across his friend suddenly.
* Walking- Participle
* Walking along the road- Participle Phrase
Here the Participle Phrase is ‘Walking along the road’ that qualifies the word ‘Man’.
7. The man, delivering a lecture confidently is a teacher of English.
* Delivering- Participle
* Delivering a lecture confidently- Participle Phrase
In the sentence ‘Delivering a lecture confidently’ is Participle Phrase that qualifies the word ‘Man’.
8. He brought a pen, made in India from the market.
* Made – Participle
* Made in India- Participle Phrase
If we look here in the sentence ‘Made in India’ is a Participle Phrase and ‘Pen’ is used as a qualifying word.
9. She, inventing a scientific tool is a great scientist of the NASA.
* Inventing- Participle
* Inventing a scientific tool- Participle Phrase
This ‘Inventing a scientific tool’ is used as a Participle Phrase with a qualifier word ‘She’.
10.The girl, preparing for her exam is my sister.
*Preparing – Participle
* Preparing for her exam- Participle Phrase
Here ‘Preparing for the exam’ is Participle Phrase that qualifies the word ‘Girl’.
11. Abhisek lives in a house, built with marble near Kolkata.
* Built- Participle
* Built with marble- Participle Phrase
Here the ‘Built with marble’ is used as a Participle Phrase that qualifies ‘House’.
12. He, representing a company cordially, works there as a manager.
* Representing- Participle
* Representing a company cordially- Participle Phrase
In the above mentioned sentence ‘Representing a company cordially’ is a Participle Phrase that qualifies the qualifier word ‘He’.
13. Looking for a job, he went for an interview to Delhi.
* Looking for a job- Participle Phrase
‘Looking for a job’ is used here as a Participle Phrase that describes more information of the subject ‘He’.
14. The birds, twittering in the morning are pretty.
* Twittering- Participle
* Twittering in the morning- Participle Phrase
Here the qualifier is ‘Birds’ and the Participle Phrase is ‘Twittering in the morning’.
15. He purchased some furniture manufacture by Supreme for room decoration.
* Manufactured- Participle
* Manufactured by Supreme- Participle Phrase
‘Manufactured by Supreme’ is used here as a Participle Phrase that qualifies ‘Furniture’ is used as a qualifying word.
16. Confirming of his success in the exam, he participated in a seminar.
* Confirming- Participle
* Confirming of his success in the exam-Participle Phrase
If we look the word ‘He’ in this sentence is modified by the Participle Phrase.
17. Presenting of the Annual Budget, the Finance Minister resigned from the post.
* Presenting- Participle
* Presenting of the Annual Budget- Participle Phrase
Here ‘Presenting of the Annual Budget’ is used as a Participle Phrase that qualifies the subject ‘The Finance Minister’.
18. She sang a song composed by Tagore is a professional singer.
* Composed – Participle
* Composed by Tagore- Participle Phrase
We look here the word ‘Song’ is used as a qualifying word and the Participle Phrase is ‘Composed by Tagore’.
19. Awakening the temperament and potentiality of players, the coach of the team won the match finally.
* Awakening- Participle
* Awakening the temperament and potentiality of players- Participle Phrase
Here the Phrase ‘Awakening the temperament and potentiality of players’ is used to qualify the word ‘Coach’.
20. Fond of singing, he joined in a reputed university in India.
* Fond- Participle
* Fond of singing- Participle Phrase
Here we can see ‘Fond of singing’ is used as a participle Phrase modifying the subject ‘He’.
21.Restricted by the storm, they took shelter in a brick built house.
* Restricted- Participle
* Restricted by the storm- Participle Phrase
Here the Participle Phrase is ‘Restricted by the Storm’ that modifies the word ‘They’.
22. Planting of more trees, we must keep our environment sustainable.
* Planting- Participle
* Planting of more trees – Participle Phrase
If we look the participle phrase here that qualifies the word ‘We’ which is a pronoun.
23. Nourished by the nature properly, the saplings of the tree grow fast.
* Nourished- Participle
* Nourished by the nature properly- Participle Phrase
Here the Participle Phrase modifies the phrase ‘The saplings of the tree’.
24. Motivated by his teacher, he has made a plan for Engineering.
* Motivated – Participle
* Motivated by his teacher- Participle Phrase
In this sentence the Phrase qualifies the word ‘He’ so this is Participle Phrase.
25. He raising a voice against corruption is a pleader.
* Raising- Participle
* Raising a voice against corruption- Participle Phrase
‘He’ is a qualifier word and it is qualified by the phrase. So this Phrase is a Participle phrase.
26. India flourishing rapidly is a developing country.
* Flourishing- Participle
* Flourishing rapidly- Participle Phrase
Here we see that the qualifier is ‘India’ that is modified by a Participle Phrase.
27. The child drawing a picture of landscape is a student of class III.
* Drawing- Participle
* Drawing a picture of landscape- Participle Phrase
The Phrase ‘Drawing a picture of landscape’ that modifies the word ‘Child’.
28. Having initiated of an action, the leader met the District Magistrate.
* Having initiated- Participle
* Having initiated of an action – Participle Phrase
Here in the sentence Participle phrase works as a modifier of the modifying word ‘Leader’.
29. Having had her lunch quickly, she went out of the house.
*Having had- Participle
* Having had her lunch quickly- Participle Phrase
Here ‘Having had her lunch quickly’ is a Participle phrase that modifies the pronoun ‘She’.
30. Structuring of a diagram on board, the teacher teaches students.
* Structuring- Participle
* Structuring of a diagram on board- Participle Phrase
Here The Phrase qualifies the word ‘Teacher’ and works as an adjective.
31. Parking the car in a safe place, the driver stood positively.
* Parking- Participle
* Parking the car in a safe place- Participle Phrase
Here the Phrase modifies the subject ‘Driver’.
Lets see another article on English prepositional phrase examples.
There are mentioned all the detailed explanations of the participle phrase example.