What is Ozone generator or Ozonator?
Ozone generators are devices that create ozone gas. When marketed as air compressors to be used in indoor occupied spaces, although need to be safer and more effective for more extensive applications.
Electrostatic precipitators and ionizers end up generating ozone as a by-product as a consequence of the internal mechanisms.
Industrial Application of Ozone generator or Ozonator :
Ozone generators are contentious, used in industrial (purifying water, bleaching wood pulp, detoxifying cyanide waste) and healthcare programs (nullifying bacteria, viruses, odours). Various rigorous criteria are followed for production and using the ozone generators, the use of ozone in a smaller house or personal devices could be detrimental. Those employed in industrial and healthcare settings are used in scenarios that were unoccupied.
So use of Ozone generator has to be maintain with standard health regulations.
Ozone Water Treatment:
Ozonation in Water Treatment
Ozone water treatment is used since early 19th century for the treatment of water by exploring the characteristics of powerful oxidizing agent, when dissolved in water.
- Ozone is an unstable molecule give up 1-atom of O2 to making a good oxidizing agent.
- Ozone disinfection, or ozonation, is good method to inactivate useless protozoa causing cysts in human being.
- works well against all pathogens.
- Ozone must be created on-site and added to the water by producing bubble.
Advantage of Ozonation Process:
- Ozone reacts with viruses, bacteria, and protozoans and is an effect on a broad pH range and contains properties that are more powerful chlorination.
- It has a strong oxidizing power using a short response time.
- The treatment process doesn’t include water and chemicals.
- Ozone can remove odor and taste issues and a huge array of organic, inorganic, and microbiological issues. The majority of agents include viruses, bacteria, and protozoans (like Giardia and Cryptosporidium). Disease screening and pathogenic evaluation.
Disadvantage of Ozonation Process:
- Ozonating by-products continue to be assessed, and it’s likely that a few by-products by being carcinogenic. These can include carboxylic acids, aldehydes, ketones, and brominated by-products. This is one reason the system might incorporate a carbon filter.
- The machine might need pretreatment for hardness decrease or the further of polyphosphate to keep the creation of carbonate scale.
- Ozonation stipulates no germicidal or disinfection staying to inhibit or protect against regrowth.
- More expensive and it might be challenging to find a proficient professional in ozone treatment and system maintenance.
- Possible fire hazards and toxicity problems related to ozone production..
Why ozone is not an economical option for wastewater ?
A few of the germs and those that may form cysts, may survive in case ozone’s dose is low. Consequently, higher ozone levels are beneficial. If the water is having suspended solids, a lot of the ozone will be consumed to destroy that germs. The ozone is not a good option for wastewater treatment because of this reason explained above and is not at all economical option also.