There will be gerund phrase examples with a definition in this article in which the readers may find more detailed information with explanations of gerund phrase examples.
A gerund is a noun made from a verb root plus -ing (a present participle). A gerund phrase acts as a subject, an object or a predicative within a sentence. Lets see 30+ gerund phrase examples here.
Now take a look of the gerund phrase examples.
30+Gerund Phrase Examples: Detailed Explanations
1. Walking in the morning makes us healthy.
Here ” Walking in the morning” is a gerund phrase and also the subject of the sentence.
2. She loves drawing.
” Drawing” is a direct object of this sentence that is used as a gerund phrase that means it also acts as a noun in this sentence
3. Anita is about going to the party.
” Going” is an object of the preposition “about” is a gerund that acts as a noun and also an object of the preposition.
4. The man is of a living star of the society.
Here “Living” is an object of the preposition ” Of” is a gerund.
5. Running in the sun causes harmful for health.
“Running ” is a part of the header of the sentence that is used as a noun in the sentence which is called gerund”.
6. He is reading without taking a break.
“Taking” is an object of the preposition “Without” which is a gerund.
7. Thinking continuously is not a solution of problems.
“Thinking continuously” is a gerund phrase of this sentence that is also a header of the sentence.
8. Writing creatively is a unique trait of a writer.
” Writing creatively” is a gerund phrase which is the subject of the sentence.
9. Eating fruits after meals is not good for health.
“Eating fruits” with an object Fruits is a gerund phrase that is in the subject part of the sentence.
10. Shining in a career is responsibility of a student.
Here “Shining in a career” is a gerund phrase and also the header of the sentence.
11. Progressing thoughts makes the society beneficial.
Here “Progressing thoughts” is a gerund phrase and also the subject of this sentence.
12. Helping other makes a person benevolent heart.
” Helping ” is the subject with object other and ” Helping other” is a gerund Phrase.
13. He hates learning.
“Learning” is a direct object of the subject.Therefore this is used as a phrase that works as a noun within the sentence.
14. They avoid debating.
“Debating” is also direct object of subject as this is used as a gerund phrase in this sentence.
15. We don’t mind playing with cricket.
Here “Playing” is a direct object of the subject that is also a gerund that acts as a noun.
16. She troubled in driving a car.
“In driving” is an object of the preposition “In” that is a gerund phrase.
17. Kajal’s favorite activity is dancing.
“Dancing” is a subject compliment as this adds more about the subject and it is a gerund phrase in the sentence.
18. Her occupation is teaching.
Here “Teaching” is a compliment of the subject as this word describes more about the subject ” Her” in the sentence.
19. He has a good speed of typing in computer.
” Of typing” is a gerund phrase and also an object of the preposition “Of” and it works as a noun.
20. The boys are cycling on the road.
” Are cycling” is a gerund phrase that acts as a noun in this sentence and it is also in a progressive form in this sentence.
21. After speaking she paused for a while.
“After speaking” is a gerund phrase and also object of the preposition ” After“. And it is also the modifier of the subject.
22. Before outing he talks for a while with his family.
” Before outing” is a gerund phrase with a preposition “Before” and this is also an example of the object of the preposition.
23. Planting trees in the forest keeps the environmental pollution free.
“Planting ” is a gerund phrase with an object ” trees“
24. He has been offered jobs since completing his graduation.
Here ” completing” is a gerund that is followed by the preposition ” since“.
25. Connecting to a member is a sign of a good family member.
“Connecting to a member” is a part of header of the sentence and also a gerund phrase and acts as a noun” Connecting” within this sentence.
26. The student enjoys initiating a good step for the society.
Here ” Initiating” is a direct object of the subject as that is used as a gerund.
27. The boy is encouraging in this way that he is principal of college.
“Is encouraging” is a gerund phrase within the sentence.
28. A circumstance does not stop showing her talent.
Here “Showing” is a direct object of the subject and is a gerund that is used as a noun in the sentence.
29. My ultimate goal is progressing in life.
Here is in this sentence ” is progressing” is a gerund phrase as it is used as a noun (a progressive form of verb).
30. Planning is a primary step for achievement of any destiny.
“Planing” is a phrase that is used here as a gerund and also as the subject of the sentence.
31. The stranger kept sheltering in a cave to safe from ferocious animals.
“Sheltering” is a direct object of the subject ” The stranger” that is a gerund as it is used as a noun in this sentence.